Complete the sign up form at http://bit.ly/oissfestival
Volunteers must commit to
- preparing a booth for the event (including the requirements below)
- having at least one person (yourself or another PCC student/staff/faculty member) at your booth for the entire time of the event.
Date: Thursday, February 21st, 2019
Time: 11 am - 3 pm
Location: SY CC Upper Mall (you do NOT need to be based at Sylvania to volunteer, as long as you can be there during the event)
- food and/or drink sample (provided by OISS)
- tri-fold display board (provided by OISS) with: country/culture information, tips for travelers visiting your country or interacting with people from your culture, useful sentences in your language/country/culture (hello, thank you, where is the bathroom?, I am a vegetarian, how do I get to...)
- interactive activity or game related to your country/culture
Event Details: The OISS International Festival will be an interactive activity for students, faculty, staff, and community members to learn about the countries and cultures that are represented at PCC! By visiting each booth to collect stamps in an Event Passport, participants will engage and connect with PCC students to learn about their food, drinks, language, communication, games and activities! Rounded out with an international photo booth and music, this event will be full of fun and (with a completed Event Passport full of stamps) prizes!
Please complete the form (http://bit.ly/oissfestival) and Maria Hands, OISS International Peer Leader, will contact you to discuss more details. If you have questions before that, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.