Are you passionate about volunteering in your community? Do you enjoy being a leader and a mentor? Do you enjoy fostering connections and creating resources for other students? Do you thrive working both independently and with others? Are you interested in working with College and High School students? You may be our next ACE!
Passion Impact and PCC (Community-Based Learning Program and Financial Aid's Community Service Work Study Program) are seeking PCC students who have a strong desire to serve the community and share that desire with fellow students. If you are ready to help other students make an impact, apply to become an ACE today!
Related Fields: outreach/promotion, marketing, communication, community development, non-profit management, media
Job Title: Advocate for Community Engagement (ACE)
Direct Supervisor: College Program Coordinator
Hours: Approximately 8-10 Hours Per Week
Length of Position: 2022-2023 academic year with the option to step into official position in the Summer pending performance.
Location: Remote & In Person at the Passion Impact office as well as Franklin and McDaniel High School, depending on specific pathway (role)
Schedule: Flexible, except required meeting times. Must be able to meet with teammates and supervisor within typical business hours
Pay rate: $14.75/hrQualifications:
- Must qualify for work study.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be Vaccinated and boosted. See Passion Impacts Covid-19 Policy here
- Applicants will be contacted to schedule a hiring appointment.
- Appointments will be held via Zoom.
The responsibilities of this work study position:
- Serve as a representative of Passion Impact, PCC Community-Based Learning, and PCC Federal Work Study
- Explore opportunities for community engagement through one of the four pathway options:
- Pathway 1 | Communication
Help Promote Passion impact by publishing information through:
- Social media and other online volunteer platforms (GivePulse)
- Following up with students who have expressed an interest in volunteering (i.e., calling, texting, and emailing)
- Tabling and promotion at PCC Campuses or virtual
- Posting blogs, photos, or videos that incorporate your volunteer experiences
- Contributing to the Passion Impact Newsletter
- Pathway 2 | Researcher
Assist other ACE’s by gathering resources as well as:
- Research, vet, and build relationships with community partners that provide avenues for faculty and HS students to build trustworthy connections toward CBL projects and civic engagement.
- Communication with ACE team and work closely with other pathways on a weekly basis
- Utilize, organize and streamline volunteer platforms and other resource tools
- Pathway 3 | Instructor Support
Support PCC Instructors who use community-based learning projects/assignments in their courses:
- Assist instructors and students in identifying community engagement opportunities that align with student community-based learning assignments/projects
- Assist instructors and students in utilizing GivePulse
- Communicate one on one with PCC instructors and CBL Coordinator
- Pathway 4 | High school Support
Meet with Franklin and/ or McDaniel Students one on one to help connect them to community engagement opportunities:
- Mostly referral based appointments from the High School College and Career Coordinators
- Process intake and outtake forms from students as well as promotional materials
- Help to create an ideal process for both students and community partners
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities with students
- Meet with the ACE team and relay any important information
- Work closely with the Researcher (path 2) to relay up to date and accurate information to students
- Occasional work and communication with the High school Program Director and High School Program Assistant as needed
- Meetings with Franklin High School College and Career Coordinators (in-person)
- College Program Meetings (at minimum one in-person per month) - Every Friday
- DEI Committee Meetings (remote) - Every First Tuesday of the Month
- One on One Meetings with the College Program Coordinator (remote)
- Volunteer experience or community outreach experience
- Experience working with students or youth
- Passion for Social Justice
About Passion Impact
Visit our website for more information https://passionimpact.org/
- Financial Aid package includes Federal Work Study Award*
- Minimum of 6 credit course load at PCC
- Ability to attend weekly virtual staff meetings (Friday 10am-12pm)
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be Vaccinated and boosted. (Passion Impact's Covid-19 Policy)